Welcome to The Biltmore Studio
Welcome to The Biltmore Studio at The Town & Country Mall. We feel honored to introduce new students to the amazing benefits of a regular hot yoga practice. Our yoga is a “set sequence” of poses thoughtfully arranged to be accessible to everyone – from the student taking their first class to the established yoga practitioner. Set in a heated room, this dynamic class always follows the same series of poses, specifically arranged to bring the body into balance and foster movement that emphasizes strength and mindfulness. A regular heated yoga practice has so many benefits – to name just a few: reduced stress, increased flexibility, detoxification of the body, weight loss and increased metabolism. Regardless of your age or level of fitness, The Biltmore Studio has a class for you. We want you to come as often as you can when beginning your hot yoga practice. We always offer our introductory special of two weeks of unlimited classes for $25. Looking forward to seeing you on your mat soon!
Class Preparations – We all had that first class. We know that coming to your first heated yoga class may feel a little intimidating so we want to share these important tips with you to ensure that you are well prepared:
- Sign the online digital smart waiver. It’s quick and easy.
You can access the Scottsdale waiver HERE
You can access the Camelback waiver HERE
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes before class. This gives you important time to meet your instructor, ask any questions and get comfortable in our studio. If you did not use the online digital smart waiver online ahead of time, you will also need to fill out our registration form prior to your class.
- The room is heated. Wear breathable fabric that you can move in – think moisture wicking spandex, nylon and Lycra. We don’t wear shoes in the studio.
- Yoga mat, towel and water – each student is required to have all three to practice. At your first visit to The Biltmore Studio, you will receive a complimentary mat and yoga towel. From then on, you can always rent/purchase from the studio or bring your own.
- Please come to class hydrated. Be sure to drink plenty of water before you practice and remember to replenish after your practice. We sell bottled water or feel free to bring a bottle from home. Coconut water (also for sale) or other electrolyte drinks can also be helpful before, during and after your practice.
- Try to come to class on an empty stomach. As a rule of thumb, allow a couple hours to pass after your last meal before your practice. Some people need more or less time – you are your best coach on this one.
- Develop a consistent yoga practice. A practice of 3 – 4 times a week will realize the maximum benefits. While you will still achieve benefits with a less regular practice, it may take a little longer.
- Stay on your mat. One of the first challenges for many new practitioners is simply to remain in the room. Take breaks whenever you feel you need them. If you are a newer student, take the breaks whenever your instructor queues them. As you progress in your practice, you will learn to use your breath as a guide throughout the class. If you must leave a class early, please let your instructor know before class so that you can leave at the appropriate time, with the least disruption as possible.
Yoga is 99 percent practice and one percent theory.
- AZ Residents and New Students Only
- you may purchase your first package at our new student rate of 20% off the regular package price.
- 50 CLASS PASS……$605 ($12 per class)
- 30 CLASS PASS……$395 ($13 per class)
- 10 CLASS PASS…..$145 ($14 per class)
- 5 CLASS PASS…… $80 ($15 per class)
- Class Packages are non-refundable.
- DROP IN CLASS …$20
- PRIVATE SESSION IN STUDIO……$100
- AUTO-PAY SPECIALS……$125/mo. (minimum 4 months)
- FAMILY MEMBERSHIP……$225/mo.
- POLICE, FIREFIGHTER, ARMED FORCES DROP IN CLASS......$10
- TEACHER (school teacher) DROP IN CLASS......$12
- ANNUAL UNLIMITED…….$1,499
- 6 MONTH UNLIMITED…… $805
- 3 MONTH UNLIMITED…… $455
- 1 MONTH UNLIMITED…… $180
- EMPLOYEE UNLIMITED…… $105 (5 or more employees in the same company)
The Biltmore Studio was founded on the belief that yoga is truly for every one. Our commitment is to teach and foster the physical, mental and spiritual benefits of yoga in a loving and community-based setting.
The Biltmore Studio was envisioned and created by its’ owner and director, Laura Sliman. Laura found yoga in 2007 when her life had reached a state of crisis. With two small children she separated from her husband, her brother passed suddenly and tragically in his sleep, and her son was badly injured in an attack by a dog. Life for Laura began to spiral downward quickly. She was deeply depressed and heavily “self-medicating” her pain. Laura’s dear friend Dayna Henig encouraged her to try a yoga class. She started to practice daily and the yoga began to heal her heart, body and spirit. To this day, Laura will tell you that yoga saved her life.
Laura’s style of yoga is deeply influenced by her first teacher Sumit Banerjee, who developed a sequence of hot yoga based upon various disciplines including Bikram and Vinyasa. Laura further credits her growth as a yogi with the teachings of Cheryl Oliver and Bryan Kest. Her practice and teaching today is an ever- growing evolution from these important roots.
Our Biltmore Hot class, offered six times a day, is held in specially designed room that is heated between 100-102 degrees with humidity between 60-70%. This environment enables your muscles to stretch easily and opens the body to allow deep detoxification. The class includes the practice of static standing poses, a series of flow postures set to music, and floor stretching. Each posture is designed and sequenced to build strength, flexibility and balance, improve posture and focus, and reduce stress. Students are encouraged to challenge themselves at their own pace rather than comparing themselves to others.
The practice of yoga at The Biltmore Studio is as much of a “work-in” as a “workout”. It is about a lifestyle change and a shift in perspective. We want to change the way you think, not only about your yoga but also about your life. We love what we do and we are deeply committed to share our passion by helping our students grow in all aspects of their practice.See you on your mat. Peace and love.
Meet the Teachers